Equipnet Auction: Lab, Analytical & Bio Processing equipment from Sanofi & others! - April 25
Earn a Master's in Pharmaceutical Bioengineering part-time, in the evenings at UW. Learn more.
New Job Postings...
Reports Analyst/Programmer @ Cancer Research And Biostatistics
Research Scientist @ GlycoBac
Scientist, Process Engineering @ Alder Biopharmaceuticals
- Scientist, Purification Process Development Aptevo Therapeutics Inc (WA)
- Associate Director/Director, Safety Statistics Seattle Genetics, Inc. (WA)
- Manager/Senior Manager, Regulatory Systems Seattle Genetics, Inc. (WA)
- Manager/Senior Manager, Regulatory Operations Seattle Genetics, Inc. (WA)
- Senior Scientist, Purification, Process Development Aptevo Therapeutics Inc (WA)
- Manager, QA - Vendor and Regulatory Alder Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. (WA)
- Research Scientist GlycoBac, LLC (WY)
- Marketing Operations Specialist/Manager, Marketing Seattle Genetics, Inc. (WA)
- GMP Equipment Technician Seattle Genetics, Inc. (WA)
- Scientist II, Protein Chemistry Silverback Therapeutics (WA)
| About Job Postings...
Learn about Icogenex Biotech Incubator Space Available for Lease
Full service laboratory and office incubator space is available for sublease in the Seattle
Fremont neighborhood. Ideal for small biotech companies or startups, individual lab benches and
secure office space may be rented with short- or long-term lease options.
Laboratory lease terms include the use of basic molecular and cell biology laboratory equipment,
as well as glass wash and janitorial services.
Located within a ten minute drive of the University of Washington, Institute for Systems Biology,
Seattle Biomedical Research Institute, PATH, the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, and others.
April 25 is DNA Day.
National DNA Day commemorates the successful completion of the Human Genome Project
in 2003 and the discovery of DNA's double helix by James Watson and Francis Crick in 1953.
This annual celebration offers students, teachers and the public many exciting opportunities
to learn about the latest advances in genomic research and explore what they may mean for their
LifeScience Moment: LifeScience Moment: Frostban was sprayed on an acre of strawberry plants marking the first release of genetically altered bacteria in the US.
On April 24, 1987, Advanced Genetic Sciences (AGS) sprayed Frostban on an acre of
strawberry plants in Brentwood, CA, marking the first release of genetically altered bacteria
in the U.S.
Stephen Lindow at the University of Wisconsin–Madison identifed the bacterium as
P. syringae, and in 1977, discovered the mutant ice-minus strain. In 1983, AGS applied
to the U.S. regulatory authorities to perform field tests with the ice-minus strain of
P. syringae, but were delayed by environmental concerns. In the end, frostban was
Life Science Evolution...
It's a Small World
Corn Grain Tissue
"Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."
Mark Twain, American writer